Iglesia Santos Felipe y Santiago

It is located in the Tono area, more precisely 'Ngònia (corner - inlet) as it is situated at the foot of the promontory relief. It dates back to 1686 as an aristocratic construction built to replace an older temple dating back to the early 1400s. As testified by the plaque at the entrance, it was restored in 1823 by its owners, Marquis Tommaso Mariano D'Amico and Domenico Calapaj. Very simple in form, the small church has a single nave with a semicircular apse.

The original cult was replaced by devotion to the Madonna of Tindari, whose polychrome statue is preserved, while the ancient painting of Sts Philip and James that adorned the altar was removed after World War II.