The fifteenth-century residential building

The other residence, besides the “Domus”, intended to host the castellan or the captain or both. It occupied the wing adjoining the hall and a portion of the south wing connected at an angle. The open staircase, visible today at the end of the courtyard, provided the entrance from the outside and it is a result of alterations done in the seventeenth-century. The straight profile windows with corbels under the architrave, also visible on the facade facing south, mark a horizontal development of the building is the trademark. The date (1456) shown on the exterior plaster of the hall may refer to one of the many restoration or adaptation interventions referred in the archival documents.


Terranova C.P. La città murata Dalla visita al “memorabile viaggio.”, in Milazzo Nostra n. 28-29 – Marzo – Luglio 2011 p. 25